We love getting to know our clients when they come into the salon; it helps us to recommend the best styles to suit their personalities and lifestyles. But is there anything you’ve always wanted to know about your favourite Stylist or Colourist?
From common problems to top trend tips, we launch our new series of team interviews with Nadine, our award-winning, motorbike loving Colour Specialist and Hair Extensionist.
1. Hairdressing for how long? I started at Laura Leigh as an apprentice at the age of 16 and have been here ever since, so 10 years in total.
2. Specialism? I am the salon’s Colour and Hair Extension Specialist, and love getting creative.
3. Most common client problem? I correct a lot of mis-coloured balayage.
4. Your one piece of advice for clients thinking of changing their colour? Your colour should always suit your skin and eye colour. We offer complimentary colour consultations to give you the confidence to try something new.
5. Top trends this season? In autumn, keep your brunettes mocha and shiny, and your blondes crisp and clean.
6. How can clients protect their colour? Use the Kérastase Reflection range as part of your haircare routine. The light-reflecting shampoos and conditioners will lock in the colour and shine.
7. Your hair and beauty routine? I have regular trims every eight weeks; anyone with long hair needs a regular trim to keep their hair healthy. I also have my nails done every two weeks and my eyelashes topped up every three weeks.
8. Favourite piece of work? Recently we have done a few bright and wacky colours, but my favourite is a client I turned canary yellow for her Japanese cartoon-themed wedding.
9. Claim to fame? I reached the L’Oréal Colour Trophy final twice. This was a fantastic experience and gained me great recognition in the industry.
10. Tell us something most people don’t know about you. My life out of the salon revolves around motorbike racing! I spend most of my spare time at a motocross track with my boyfriend or family.
11. The best thing about working at Laura Leigh? We are a family and it’s always been that way. There is no ‘i’ in team and that’s the best way to describe ours.
12. Favourite product/service? My favourite service at Laura Leigh is Nouveau Lashes, which are individual, natural lash extensions that give me gorgeous volume and length. Of course, I have all my beauty treatments done here. The girls are brilliant.
13. Tell us about the colour degree you’ll be doing. The 12-week course will teach me the ins, outs and science behind every L’Oréal colour to enable me to create the perfect colour for each individual client. I will then be a ‘L’Oréal Colour Specialist’ recognised in the industry and be invited to see all new colours/products first. I’m very excited!
14. And finally, who does your hair? I genuinely trust everyone at Laura Leigh with my hair. Natalie coloured my hair last time, and Jay cut it for me. Lucky for them my hair is nice and easy!